Thursday, February 27, 2014

Gweru Airport - MVT

Max has a new thing he is running through his blog. It gives the readers a scenario and he then asks us to create a solution or plan of action. His original post can be read here.

I decided to give it a go. Having no military experience whatsoever, this is what I came up with:






Here are my thoughts. Perhaps I’ve seen too many war movies but I thought a lower profile infiltration team might be a little better than busting thru the gates guns blazing.
8 teams total. 28 Men total
Team #1               4 men, 2 IEDs each

Team #2               4 men – security/support

Team #3               3 men – Mortar Team – 5 rounds HE, target: Barracks

Team #4               3 men – Mortar Team – 5 rounds HE, 1 round WP, Primary: Admin,
secondary: fuel tanks

Team #5 and #6 – (2) 2 man teams QRF/Exfil- 4 total

Land Rover Teams (Driver, Gunner w/ DSHK)
Space for 5 additional personnel each

Team #7 and #8 QRF/Exfil teams – (2) 5 man teams – 10 total

Land Rover Teams (Driver, Rear Gunner w/ DSHK, 5 in back with AK47s
Space for 2 additional personnel each



Attack – Set for 0200

Team #1 will infiltrate on foot at 0200 from the northwest thru tree line then locate aircraft, place explosives and exfil on foot to pick-up location. Team #2 will provide rear security and support for Team #1, both teams wait at pick-up point, charges are then blown – Team #1 and #2 wait for pick-up at tree line. This will signal the motor teams #3 & 4to fire their HE rounds targeting enemy barracks and admin buildings and the WP round on fuel tanks. Once rounds are complete, Team #3 and 4 will exfil on foot.


QRF/Exfil Teams #5 and #6 will pick up Team #1 and #2 at rally point as mortar attack begins and proceed to secondary pick-up location for teams #3 & #4. After mortar rounds are complete and fuel tanks have been destroyed/ignited by WP round, Team #3 & #4 will exfil on foot to secondary pick-up location off map. Team #7 and #8 QRF/Exfil teams will pick-up mortar teams while en route to FreeFor base.

 Let me know what you think.

You can see the other readers' solutions at his site or by clicking below.

FormerSapper's Solution

Bob E's Solution

PJK's Solution


Give each of these a look. I drew from some of the other solutions.

-JL

Freedom has no compromise. By definition it is absolute.

3 comments:

  1. That was a load of fun (am I allowed to say that? lol ).
    I didn't look at any other solutions when I made mine up, so I made some *duh* mistakes, but it was still a great mental exercise.
    Can't wait for the next scenario to come up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was! I had some good things pointed out to me by others. For example, I relied too heavily on the conscripts who really had no training. I should have included the advisers as team leaders.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I did that too- although I did split the Advisors into each team.
      And then forgot to google the 82mm mortars for stats and put them way to close...
      And of course with some other solutions that pointed out things I missed, like there's probably a fence around the place to get through...
      Oh well- it's the thought that counts! lol

      Delete