Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Battle Belt Update

Finally...

I think I have my battle belt configured like I want.

Ok, here it goes.

Battle Belt - ATS War Belt
Suspenders - Tactical Tailor Fight Lite Suspenders
Inner Belt - Blackhawk 2.25" web belt - this will likely change to a standard roll-pin style belt

From L to R:



 1)    2 HSGI Double Taco pouches - holds 4 mags

 2)   1 HSGI Double Rifle Mag Pouch, Modular- holds six mags

 3)  1 Grey Ghost Gear Dump Pouch

 4) 1 USGI Canteen Pouch w/ Nalgene Canteen

 5)     1 USGI 100rd SAW pouch 

 6)    1 Condor EMT Lite, Rip-away medical pouch

 7)    1 G-Code OSH RTI Holster - I have a drop mount too 

 8)     1 Condor Double pistol mag pouch




1-2) The reason I chose the HSGI Taco pouches is mainly for the ability to use other rifles. I have an AK and AR 10 (takes FAL mags) that I could use and instead of switching configurations, I can throw at least 4 mags on my battle belt and be ready to go. It just gives me some flexibility. Not necessarily ideal as far as keeping mags clean, but they'll work. The modular HSGI rifle mag pouch works great. I can carry up to 10 mags on my belt should I choose. I can also use one of the sections as a place for my gloves and a radio if I wanted to lose a little belt weight. They are flapped pouches with buckle closures as well as velcro with silencer strips (should I not want to use the velcro).

3) I like my GGG dump pouch - I'm getting used to having one on the belt again. It's compact and takes minimal belt space. This would be the first item to go should I need to place something else on the belt.

4) Pretty self explanatory. This will get a light coat of Rustoleum paint.


5) This SAW pouch contains some Clif Bars, MRE peanut butter, 3-4 hard candies from MREs, Datrex emergency rations, extra batteries, boresnake, and a SOG multi-tool. All of this is stored in Ziploc bags to keep it waterproof. This has been painted with some Rustoleum.

6) Yes, its Condor brand. It was cheap and it works. This pouch contains an Israeli Bandage, QuickClot gauze/sponge, couple of other little items and a tourniquet on the outside

7) Love this holster. Get one. I have the MOLLE belt adapter as well as the drop mount. The drop mount utilizes a inner belt attachment and places the holster attachment at the bottom of the battle belt. Think of it as a drop leg rig in the correct spot (high and tight on the leg) without it actually being attached to the leg via straps and panels. This picture shows the holster mounted on the MOLLE itself. If you can, imagine the holster about 3-4 inches lower and that would be the location if using the drop mount.



8) Just a basic Chi-com double mag pouch.

Here are some more pictures:












- JL
Freedom has no compromise. By definition it is absolute.




No comments:

Post a Comment